TEMA Webinar December 2012
To Register: Click HERE or call PSATS at (717) 763-0930.
Township Emergency Management Association (TEMA)
Winter Emergency Management Educational Webinar
EMCs and Township Supervisors Working to Protect Residents and Businesses When Disasters Strike
As we just witnessed with Hurricane Sandy, disaster can strike at any time. Was your township prepared to deal with the effects of Sandy? The objective of this webinar it to review the Emergency Management Coordinator’s (EMC’s) responsibility in emergency management and to provide EMCs with tools to work with elected officials to help them better understand the township’s role in emergency management and the importance of being prepared for a disaster.
After attending the webinar you will:
- Have tools to discuss the township’s responsibility in emergency management.
- Uderstand the three parts of a township’s Emergency Management Program (EMP)
- Understand the basic requirements for each part of an EMP and their importance to responding to an emergency.
- Have an understanding of the basic acronyms used in emergency management.
Who Should Attend:
Emergency Management Coordinators (EMCs) and related personnel, Township Supervisors, and others interested in emergency management.
December 20, 2012
Noon – 1:30 p.m.
Registration Fee (must be paid in advance of Webinar date):
- PSATS Member* – $30
- PSATS Non-Member – $40
* To qualify as a PSATS member, the registrant must have paid current annual membership dues to PSATS or its affiliates (solicitors, engineers, planners and emergency management associations).
Go to the PSATS website to learn more about the affiliate associations.
- Webinar Instructions
To view this webinar, you must have a high-speed Internet connection, a computer with speakers and access to a telephone. Depending on your bandwidth, you may experience sound quality issues. If this is the case, you will need to access the audio portion of the webinar through your phone using a long distance telephone call, the charges for which you will be responsible.
Log-in information will be emailed to all PAID registrants one day prior to the webinar. Please note that those who have registered more than two days before the day of the webinar and have NOT PAID will not receive a log-in code for the webinar.
- Cancellation/No-Show Policy